Since making Greensboro home to its North American headquarters more than 30 years ago, Syngenta has supported many of the area’s charitable and civic causes. Through our Community Grant Program, Syngenta focuses its corporate giving on local programs that support two important needs in our community: Alleviating hunger and educating our citizens about science and agriculture.
The Syngenta Community Grant Program strives to provide meaningful funding to not-for-profit programs in the Piedmont Triad that focus on educating the public – particularly youth – about agriculture and science or alleviate hunger in our community. Projects reflecting innovative approaches and solutions, thoughtful planning, long-term impact and the most educational value for dollars spent will be given priority.
Download the 2016 Application (1.95MB PDF)
1. Deadline: Applications must be received no later than Friday, October 9, 2015. Late proposals or those sent via mail or fax will not be accepted
2. Applications and supporting materials should be emailed as one document to: Rahshek.Ellis@syngenta.com. The subject line of the e-mail should read: (Insert organization name) Community Grant Application.
3. All applications must be typed.
4. Grants are made only to non-profit, charitable organizations, which are tax exempt under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or to schools and government agencies.
5. Only organizations that operate within the Piedmont Triad are eligible for consideration. We generally do not consider requests from: Individuals, fraternal, labor or veteran groups, partisan political organizations, member agencies of federated campaigns such as United Way or United Arts Council, or National organizations.
6. Grant winners must submit a success story to the Community Grant committee by August 2016 to be considered for future grant money.
(see application for more guidelines and information)
Please refrain from contacting us to check on the status of your application. Grant recipients will be notified on or before Friday, January 29, 2016. Syngenta maintains the right to suspend or cancel the Grant Program at any given time.
For more information about Syngenta, visit www.syngenta-us.com . For more information about the Community Grant Program, contact Rahshek Ellis at 336-632-2204 or Rahshek.Ellis@syngenta.com.